We provide pet care in the pet owners home. We provide Vacation and Daily pet care service including Daily walks for those individuals who would like to have their animals walked Monday - Friday.
Pet Sitter Job Description
- Pet sitters must be comfortable performing new client consultations - Meet & Greets, which are essentially interviews, for new pet sitting jobs. Sitters must also be comfortable referring to existing client notes and filling in for Pet Sitters that are unable to service a client.
- Pet sitting visits range from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. For example, most cat sitting assignments consist of one visit per day while dog sitting assignments can range from 2-4 visits per day. Pet sitting assignments vary depending on clients needs. We are available for Morning (8:00am - 10:00am), Afternoon (11:00am - 2:00pm), Dusk (4:00pm - 7:00pm) and Evening (8:00pm - 10:00pm). Pet sitters can choose the days and times they are available knowing that limited days and times will affect how much work you'll get.
- Time will be spent walking dogs, feeding animals, cleaning up any messes you (or they) have made, scooping litter boxes and picking up poop. Having TLC and playtime with the pets is of utmost importance. Mail and newspaper pick up, trash removal, light+blind/curtain rotation and house plant care are also included.
- Pet Sitters will also be required to send e-mail and/or text messages inclusive of photos to each owner upon request. Sitters must have a smart phone.
- Pet Sitters must be comfortable holding keys to clients homes and take responsibility to not lose keys or lock out,
- Pet Sitters must respect client confidentiality. Friends and/or children or any other persons not employed with A Puppy's Prayer LLC should not be present on visits.
HOURS: Openings for Sunday - Saturday from 8:00am - 10:00pm (you pick the days and times you're available)
- Must be over 21 years old
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be willing to sign a Non-Compete agreement
- Must have a valid Drivers License & Auto Insurance
- Must have a reliable vehicle of your own
- Must have a computer and smart phone with Texting & Email capability
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions - Our animals do!
- Animal/Pet Experience
- Willing to work holidays!
- Veterinary/Medical Experience (a plus)
PAY: Pay is per pet sit hour and runs from $14 - $21
WORK TERRITORY: Virginia - Mechanicsville, Glenn Allen, Richmond, West End, Far West End, Ashland, Goochland, and surrounding areas.
EDUCATION: Pet CPR & First Aid Course needs to be completed within first 3 months of employment. 4 hour class - usually on a Saturday. Cost - Varies. Certification is good for 2 years.
- The position requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lb.
- Movement requirements include: climbing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, and walk and control dogs up to 50+ pounds.
- Complete Visual and Audio is required for the safety & awareness of the pets in our care.